Burning Rubbish Causes Pahoa Structure Fire

A Structure Fire in Pahoa on Maui Road in Nanawale Estates early Friday morning caused $10,000 worth of damage.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a single story, single family residential structure partially involved in fire. The fire spread to exterior wall and eaves.

The fire was extinguished, overhauled and smoke was removed from the house via positive pressure ventillation. HPD was on scene and the Red Cross was contacted.

A resident said the fire started after they had lit a rubbish fire too close to the structure. No occupants, pets or first responders were injured during this fire.

Electrical power was turned off due to damage to wiring from the fire.