Queens’ MarketPlace in Waikoloa Beach Resort invites the community to come to the Coronation Pavilion, kick off your shoes and relax with free summer entertainment under the stars. The resort shopping center with a reputation for engaging events for visitors and kama‘āina alike presents monthly movies and live “mini-concerts” by some of the island’s favorite musicians.
“Music is a big part of our Big Island culture,” said Scott Head, Waikoloa Beach Resort Vice President of Resort Operations. “If you go to a backyard cookout or a graduation party in the park, there’s always entertainment, music and hula—along with lots of good food. And that’s the spirit we love to share with our neighbors and guests. On two Saturdays each month, you can come to Queens’ MarketPlace, have dinner, coffee or snacks, do some shopping, and just sit back and relax with a free movie or one of our mini-concerts.”
Summer Entertainment Schedule:
(Third and fourth Saturdays each month, all shows are presented complimentary, at the Coronation Pavilion)
- June 15, 6-8 p.m. “DamStr8” in concert.Enjoy the variety of music by this father and son trio with famed drummer Ronnie Atwater, from contemporary Hawaiian to pop, classic rock and original songs with the smoothest harmonies and smoking guitars.
- June 22, 7:15 p.m. A Disney movie for all audiences, about a childless couple who wish for a baby, and the son who magically comes into their lives to teach them unexpected lessons in parenting.
- July 20, 6-8 p.m. “Friends of Bluegrass” in concert. Hawaii loves Bluegrass—and there’s nothing like that down-home fiddling and guitar picking to get toes tapping and hands clapping country style.
- July 27, 7:15 p.m. A Disney/Pixar movie for all audiences, set in Scotland, about the brave princess Merida, an aspiring archer who makes a reckless choice that unleashes unintended peril and forces her to spring into action to set things right.
- August 17, 6-8 p.m. “E Kolu Mea Nui” in concert. Three great Big Island entertainers, Sonny Lim, Kevin Kealoha and Kunia Galdeira, team up as trio for sensational Hawaiian music, slack key and more.
- August 24, 7 p.m. A Disney movie for all audiences, set in the land of Oz, where three witches are locked in a power struggle.
For more information, call Queens’ MarketPlace management office at 886-8822 or visit http://www.QueensMarketPlace.net.
Since it opened in 2007, Queens’ MarketPlace in Waikoloa Beach Resort has earned a reputation among visitors and kama‘āina as “the gathering place of the Kohala Coast,” full of shopping opportunities, services and great food, along with entertainment and arts programs, movies under the stars and large-scale concerts in Waikoloa Bowl at Queens’ Gardens. For more information, visit http://www.QueensMarketPlace.net or call 886-8822.