I just drove by Highway 130 and Kapoho Road intersection near Pahoa High and Intermediate School and I noticed a bunch of folks on the side of the road.
I parked my car at the school and then crossed the street to ask what they were doing as they were obviously looking at the intersection and many of them had safety vests on.
At first I thought it was all State workers but then I noticed Kevin Dayton from Mayor Kenoi’s Office and I asked him what was going on.
Dayton said that the group was looking at the entire 9.5 miles of Highway 130. He also once again mentioned the round-a-bout at Malama Market intersection and then mentioned something briefly about the Ainaoloa Intersection but I didn’t quite catch what he said.
I’m not sure why the State was looking at the Highway…. AGAIN!
I was with the KPAG group of COMMUNITY MEMBERS that did the Highway tour thing with State Officials a few years ago: A Field Tweet Down Highway 130
- Fatality On Highway 130 About an Hour Ago (damontucker.com)
- Seeing Highway 130 at Night in the Rain – A Community Member Speaks Up (damontucker.com)
- Keaau-Pahoa Road Roundabout Public Informational Meeting Re-Scheduled for January 16th – Will Be in Pahoa (damontucker.com)
- Highway 130 Wreck #2 (damontucker.com)
- Highway 130 Wreck (damontucker.com)