Presented April 6-7 by the Native Hawaiian Hospitality Association (NaHHA).
Hawaiian cultural experts Peter Apo, Margo Harumi Mau Bunnell, Kumu Keala Ching, and Donna Wheeler, will present valuable insights into Hawaiian culture for hospitality industry managers and employees at the Native Hawaiian Hospitality Association (NaHHA) Ola Hawai’i workshops April 6-7.
The speakers will share knowledge on a range of topics including “Understanding Hawaiian Values” and “Where to Find Real Hawaiian Culture.”
- Peter Apo is a songwriter-musician, President of Mamo Records and a Trustee of the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. He was a founding member of NaHHA and was Special Assistant on Hawaiian Affairs to former Governor Ben Cayetano.
- Margo Mau Bunnell is the Sales and Operations Manager for Queens MarketPlace at Waikoloa Beach Resort and CEO of the Moku O Keawe Foundation.
- Kumu Keala Ching is a Hawaiian cultural educator, composer and spiritual advisor to Hawaiian organizations. He is fluent in the Hawaiian language and is Kumu Hula for Ka Pa Hula Na Wai Iwi Ola.
- Donna Wheeler has over thirty years of experience in the Hawaii hotel industry having served in operations, sales and marketing capacities, representing over 60 hotels and resorts on the Hawaiian islands of O’ahu, Maui, Kaua’i, Hawai’i Island and Moloka’i; as well as New Zealand, Guam, Saipan, and Thailand.
The two-day learning experience will explore the value of hosting, managing visitor information and sales and marketing strategies with a special focus on Hawaiian traditions and culture.
Also speaking at the workshop will be:
- Veronica Puanani Claveran – Director of Rooms, Keauhou Beach Resort
- Owana Wilcox-Likiaksa – Human Resources Coordinator, Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Joann Nanea Perreira-Machiguchi – Catering Sales Manager, Hawai`i Prince Hotel
- April Ke`ala Kadooka – Learning Manager, Four Seasons Hualalai
The Ola Hawai’i workshop will be held on April 6-7 from 9am – 5pm at the Keauhou Beach Resort, Keauhou , Hawai’i Island.
Enrollment is limited and participants need to register by March 28. The cost, which includes lunch on both days, is $60.
For more information, visit nahha.com
For registration or questions, contact Pamela Davis-Lee at 808-628-6375 or email@example.com
The Native Hawaiian Hospitality Association (NaHHA) is dedicated to the promotion and perpetuation of Hawaiian culture and traditions. Its mission is to promote Hawaiian culture, values and traditions in the workplace through consultation and education, and to provide opportunities for the Native Hawaiian community to shape the future of tourism.
Filed under: aloha, Announcements, Big Island, Economy, Entertainment, Food & Drink, Hawaii, Hawaiian, Something New? | Tagged: Culture of Hawaii, Donna Wheeler, Keauhou Beach Resort, Kumu Keala Ching, Margo Harumi Mau Bunnell, Native Hawaiian, Office of Hawaiian Affairs, Peter Apo | Leave a comment »