On the advice of the County Council members, we the tax paying community invite Hawai’i Island Humane Society, the Hawai’i County Council and the Hawaii County Chief of Police, to a Town Hall meeting.This forum is a sincere attempt to create a working relationship with the administration of HIHS to foster a foundation of cooperation and assist rescue groups on the island to eliminate euthanasia of animals when there are viable alternatives. The format will be a town hall style. HIHS and the Animal Advocates Hui will each have fifteen minutes to give a presentation, and or proposal.
A mediator from the media or Hawai’i County Council will be appointed to facilitate. There will be a twenty five minute open round table discussion with a Q & A segment followed by a twenty-five minute open Q & A for the community.
Topics of discussion:
- Our annual $2.1 million tax dollars appropriated by the County Council of Hawai’i.
- Restructure of Hawai’i animal control contract to incentivize adoptions rather than setting a 14,000 euthanasia performance measure.
- Reform of the Hawaii Island Humane Society programs and policies
- Working with organizations attempting to help our animals
- Discuss plans to eliminate euthanizing adoptable and treatable animals
- Plan an oversight committee for HIHS
Date: Friday February 19th, 2016, Time: 5pm-7pm, Place:West Hawaii Civic Center ~ 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, Community Meeting Hale (Bldg G, Makai building below gazebo)
We hope to see you at the forum. It is important to our community that we work together for the betterment of our Island companion pet population.