The Waimea Ocean Film Festival (Ocean Film) offers a stellar lineup of films and special guests January 3-11, 2013. The festival headlines several TEDx and TED global speakers; world, US and Hawai’i premieres; plus a non-stop schedule of 39 stunning and thought-provoking films, breakfast talks and special cultural exhibits and events.
The festival runs at multiple venues in Waimea and the Kohala Coast before moving to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai January 7.
Find a festival program guide listing all films, talks and activities at www.waimeaoceanfilm.org.
Festival passes are on sale now online or by calling the festival office at 808.854.6095. Passes will be for sale and available for pickup, along with program guides, at the festival’s hospitality desks January 2-6 at Kahilu Theatre and January 7-11 at the Ballroom Foyer at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai.
Film presenters and guest speakers headlining the festival include:
- Jon Shenk, director of The Island President
- Louie Schwartzberg, director of Hidden Beauty/Wings of Life and the video Gratitude
- Jeff Orlowski, director, and Paula DuPré Pesman, producer, of Chasing Ice
- Producer/director Phil Arnone of KGMB’s Duke Kahanamoku: Hawai‘i’s Soul and IZ-The Man Behind the Music
- M. Sanjayan, chief scientist for The Nature Conservancy and CBS environment and science contributor
- Noah Idechong, Speaker of the House of the Palau National Congress and former chief of Palau’s Division of Marine Resources
- Bradford Schmidt, creative director of GoPro
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, The Fairmont Orchid, Hawai‘i, The Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel are offering discounted rates to attendees purchasing a festival pass.
The Waimea Ocean Film Festival thanks all 2013 Film Festival partners: GoPro, SanDisk Foundation, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, The Fairmont Orchid, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Hapuna Prince Resort, the Matson Foundation, Blacksand Sound and Show, Kona MacNet, West Hawaii Today, Maria Peterson Catering, Island Girl Eats, All About Chocolate, Big Island Weekly, Hawaii Preparatory Academy (HPA), Big Island Brewhaus, Redwater Cafe, Parker School, Merrimans, gaiacreative, The Computer Doctor, Ke Ola Magazine, Joe Fagundes III (Kona Law), Maile Charters, Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures and Starbucks Coffee.
For the latest updates on films and speakers, follow the festival on Facebook, www.facebook.com/waimeaoceanfilmfestival, or visit www.waimeaoceanfilm.org.
Filed under: aloha, Announcements, Big Island, Community, Environment, Hawaii, Hawaiian, Kohala, Kona, Movies and Film | Tagged: Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Waimea Ocean Film Festival | Leave a comment »