Well it looks like the former publisher of the Garden Island Times, Cynthia Schur, is moving up in the world since first announcing that she was leaving the Garden Island paper over nine years ago.
Santa Maria Times Publisher Cynthia Schur has been tapped to head up the California Newspaper Publishers Association (CNPA), the state’s largest newspaper trade organization.
Schur, who has guided the Times and its sister publications in Lee Central Coast Newspapers as publisher since 2003, has agreed to step into the position of president-elect, the organization announced this week…
…Schur is a veteran publisher, having served in the top job at the Garden Island in Lihue, Hawaii, prior to coming to the Central Coast.
- Calif. Assembly passes cell-phone privacy bill (sfgate.com)
- Leading Bay Area Newspaper Group Announces Major Changes, Layoffs (huffingtonpost.com)
- Popular Hawaii swimming hole gets deadly reputation (msnbc.msn.com)
- But America IS a Police State (lewrockwell.com)
- California Digital Newspaper Collection will expand with California weekly papers (teleread.com)