The HawaiiCon Board of Directors is looking for a unique logo that will appear on various materials used to promote the HawaiiCon Science Fiction and Fantasy convention to be held annually on Hawaii Island.
- A clean and simple design;
- A theme relevant to at least two of the following elements of HawaiCon: Hawaii, space, navigation, Hawaii, science, Hawaii, exploration, observatories….get the picture?
- Do NOT include culturally sensitive images of Pele or other deities, menehune or other cultural or historical figures.
1. Each logo design must include this copy (font of your choice, be creative!):
2. The logo must be adaptable to multiple uses and sizes and be used online and in print materials including large banners; must be reproducible in solid tones using one color or multiple colors and use only original artwork.
3. The design must be vector based, 3000 x 3000 pixels, tif, jpeg or other compatible.
4. Entries should include:
- Artist’s Name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Physical Address
- Two to three sentences on artist’s design inspiration and process (optional).
1. All submissions will become the sole property of HawaiiCon at the time of submission and will not be returned. Each entrant understands, and fully agrees that he or she relinquishes any and all present or future rights to his or her design. HawaiiCon will become vested with all the rights and privileges afforded any owner of the property at the time of submission. Such rights are to include, but are not limited to any use, reproduction, reprint, or publication of the entries by HawaiiCon without the written or implied consent of the artist. HawaiiCon has unlimited rights to use the design in any form or application necessary. By submitting any form of entry for selection, the artist is agreeing to accept and abide by these rules, and the judgment of the logo selection panel. The selected submission will be used on all conference materials.
2. Only entries with a declaration of authorship will be accepted. Please add:
- The design is my own creation and has been developed in conformity with the contest’s guideline.
- The contest’s guideline is the following; the design shall not in any way infringe any third party’s right, including but not limited to copyright, logos, trademark, trade names, or other proprietary rights of publicity or privacy.
3. HawaiiCon reserves the right to adapt the winning design, if necessary.
4. The selected logo’s artist will receive two free passes to the 2014 HawaiiCon convention to be held at the Hapuna Prince Resort in Waikoloa, Hawaii, September 12-15th, 2014. Passes do not include meals or hotel accommodations.
ENTRY SUBMISSION DEADLINE
1. All entries must be received by August 15th, 2013.
2. Entries should be emailed to: HawaiiCon@gmail.com
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Jessica Hall, 808-217-5860, HawaiiCon@gmail.com
Filed under: aloha, Announcements, Big Island, Entertainment, Hawaii, Kohala, Movies and Film, Something New?, Television, Tourism, Unexplained Phenomenon | Tagged: HawaiiCon Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention, LOGO Contest | Leave a comment »