The 9th Annual Big Island Quilt Shop Hop is happening February 1-28, 2017, featuring five different shops from Kona to Hilo and points in between. Traveling quilters can have passports stamped for a chance to win prizes, collect quilting patterns and kits to create a custom “Tropical Flowers of Hawaii, a Stain Glass Quilt” quilt for 2017, and enjoy the company of fellow quilters island-wide.
Those who visit and get passports stamped at all five shops are eligible to win the Grand Prize. Other winners will receive fabric, quilt shop gift certificates and more—with special in-store prizes at individual shops, for a total of 11 winners. The five shops will also have exclusive quilt block patterns, one from each store, plus a customize bonus add-on to give the 2017 Shop Hop quilt some added zip.
The 9th Annual Big Island Quilt Shop Hop launches February 1, leading into the 24th Annual Waimea Cherry Blossom Heritage Festival and the Hawaiian Quilt Show held in Waimea. Maps and passports can be picked up any quilt shop on the route, and “shop-hoppers” can follow their own path, or sign up for one of two bus tours. In West Hawaii, call Karen Barry at Quilt Passions, 808-329-7475. In East Hawaii, call Leimomi at Kilauea Kreations II, 808-961-1100.
2017 Big Island Quilt Shop Hop shops:
- Topstitch – Waimea Center: 65-1158 Mamalahoa Highway, Kamuela, HI. (808) 885-4482
- Fabric & Quilting Delights – 74-5599 Luhia St., Unit D-5, Kailua Kona HI 96740. (808) 329-8177 www.FabricandQuiltingdelights.com
- Quilt Passions – 75-5626 Kuakini Hwy., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. (808) 329-7475 www.QuiltPassions.net
- Kilauea Kreations – 19-3972 Volcano Rd., Volcano, HI 96785. (808) 967-8090 www.KilaueaKreations.com
- Kilauea Kreations II – 680 Manono St., Hilo, Hi 96720. (808) 961-1100 www.KilaueaKreations.com