Gov. David Ige has received a list of nominees from the Judicial Selection Commission for the vacancy created by the retirement of former Circuit Judge Steven S. Alm. Alm retired in August 2016.
The commission submitted the list of nominees to the governor on Jan. 12, after careful evaluation and investigation into the background and qualifications of each applicant.
The nominees are:
- James H. Ashford – Judge, District Court of the First Circuit
- Todd W. Eddins – Attorney, Todd Eddins, Attorney at Law
- Jeffrey A. Hawk – Attorney at Law
- Keith K. Hiraoka – Attorney/Managing Partner Roeca Luria Hiraoka LLP
- Catherine H. Remigio – Judge, Family Court of the First Circuit
- Paul B. K. Wong – Judge, District Court of the First Circuit
Gov. Ige will interview each nominee and is seeking public comment on the governor’s website at governor.hawaii.gov – Contact the Governor.
Gov. Ige has 30 days, or until Feb. 11 to make his appointment.