Responders are continuing the search for Charles Locklar, 26, near Lapakahi State Park, Big Island, Monday.
- Crews currently engaged in the search are:
HC-130 Hercules airplane and MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crews from Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point
- Crews of USCGC Kittiwake (WPB-87316) from Honolulu and USCGC Kiska (WPB-1336) from Big Island
- A 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew from Coast Guard Station Maui
- A Navy MH-60 helicopter crew from Marine Corps Base Hawaii at Kaneohe Bay
- Air and surface assets with divers from the Big Island Fire Department
- Weather in the area is reported as 27 mph winds with waves at 6 feet.
Locklar was last seen swimming toward shore with his uncle after their 10-foot skiff reportedly capsized due to high winds approximately a half mile offshore, Saturday.
An Urgent Marine Information Broadcast has been issued alerting mariners in the area to keep a sharp lookout and report any sightings to the Coast Guard Sector Honolulu command center.