Kitchen Fire at Ling’s Chop Suey House in Puainako Center

A kitchen fire was reported this morning at Ling’s Chop Suey Restaurant located at 2100 Kanoelehua Ave. (Puainako Center).
Situation Found at Scene: Upon arrival found extensive smoke emanating from exhaust stack above kitchen.  Owner and maintenance personnel at front door.  Fire contained to interior of gas range.

Cause: Grease build up on and within gas range.

Remarks: Extinguished fire using 25 pound dry chemical fire extinguisher.  Fire suppression aided by sprinkler system within kitchen area.  Fire search within suspended ceiling was conducted with negative findings.  Fire search within exhaust duct revealed high temperatures.  Cooled down ductwork using booster line and foam.

Loss: $120,000
Save: 320,000

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I do this to keep the spammers away * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.