On Saturday, September 10, 2016, family-owned and operated Fair Wind Cruises will celebrate 45 years of offering world-class ocean adventures on the breathtaking south Kona coast.
To say mahalo to the community and visitors to Hawaii Island for their support, Fair Wind Cruises will be hosting a fun-filled day for the whole family from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fair Wind Courtyard at Keauhou Bay.
One hundred percent of the proceeds from the day will go towards the Kahaluʻu Reef Teach Program committed to promoting reef etiquette to protect the bay’s fragile ecosystem. Fair Wind Cruises will match the money raised on the day dollar-for-dollar.
In honor of the 45-year milestone, the day’s festivities will be just $4.50 including 45-minute cruises on the Fair Wind II and Hula Kai vessels. The boats will depart every half hour from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Fair Wind II passengers will have the chance to swim and play on the water slides and high-jump platform. Hula Kai passengers (minimum 5-years) will enjoy a scenic cruise along the Keauhou and Kona coastline with historical narrative throughout the journey.
Also on offer throughout the day:
- Hot dogs, shave ice and refreshments.
- Raffle drawings with prizes such as Fair Wind snorkel cruise certificates, shirts, hats and more.
- Live music by Dennis Garcia.
- Games and activities for the whole family.
- Live broadcast by The BEAT 93.9.
The first 200 paid entrants will receive a free special edition Fair Wind Cruises trucker hat.
Fair Wind Cruises was born from what was supposed to be a brief stopover in Kona on a cruise from Monterey to the South Pacific in 1971. The Dant family turned their passion into a lifetime of adventure and today, 45 years later, and several Dant generations later, Fair Wind is now one of Hawaii’s premier ocean activity companies.
- WHAT: Fair Wind Cruises 45th anniversary celebration
- WHEN: Saturday, September 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- WHERE: The Fair Wind Courtyard at Keauhou Bay, 78-7130 Kaleiopapa Street Kailua-Kona
- COST: $4.50 per person (toddlers under three free)
- PARKING: Available on Kamehameha III Road. Link to map: https://www.fair-wind.com/directions/
INFORMATION: Call 808-322-2788 or visit: