The ceremony tomorrow for Late Congressman Mark Takai at the the Hawaii State Capital is scheduled to begin at 10:00 A.M.
The proposed schedule follows:
- 9:00 a.m. Reception tables open
- 9:45 a.m. Depart Borthwick
- 10:00 a.m. Hearse and car(s) with Takai family arrive at State Capitol Casket is carried from hearse into rotunda by Hawaii National Guard. Family follows casket. Mrs. Takai and children are escorted into rotunda by Governor Ige, House Speaker Souki, and Senate President Kouchi.
- 10:15 a.m. Emcee Representative Luke to settle and welcome guests
- 10:20 a.m. National Anthem by CPT Torano Harris Hawaii Ponoi by CPT Torano Harris
- 10:25 a.m. Opening Prayer by Pastor Dan Chun
- 10:30 a.m. Scripture Reading of John 15:1-8 by Representative Scott Saiki
- 10:35 a.m Remarks by U.S. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
- 10:40 a.m. Remarks by House Speaker Souki
- 10:45 a.m. Remarks by Senate President Kouchi
- 10:50 a.m. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Holunape (Kama Hopkins, Kekoa Kaluhiwa and Kanaia Nakamura)
- 10:55 a.m. Remarks by Adjutant General Logan
- 11:00 a.m. Remarks by Governor Ige
- 11:05 a.m. Scripture Reading — Psalm 23 by Representative Nishimoto
- 11:10 a.m. Closing Prayer by Pastor Dan Chun
- 11:15 a.m. “Aloha Oe” by Holunape
- 11:20 a.m. Representative Luke closes the program and thanks all for coming. Instruct on the viewing. Family will pay respects first and depart for their Green Room.
- 11:30 a.m. Public Viewing and Paying of Respects until 7:00 p.m.
- 7:00 pm National Guard to move casket from Capitol to mortuary. Ross Takai (brother) will be on site to escort casket back to Borthwick
- Move wreaths into Capitol Auditorium on basement level
Friday 8/19 in morning
- National Guard to move wreaths to First Presbyterian Church/Koolau Ballrooms
Based on the crowd and possible line for the viewing, decision will be made on or about 7:00 p.m. on whether to extend or shut down for the evening.