With the Fourth of July just days away, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its list of 2016’s Most Patriotic States as a follow-up to its recent look at the Best & Worst Fourth of July Destinations.
Hawaii ranked 6th in patriotism.
To identify the country’s patriotic hotspots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 12 key metrics such as military engagement, voting habits and civic education.
Patriotism in Hawaii (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 10th – Percent of Residents Who Enlisted in the Military
- 1st – Number of Active-Duty Military Personnel per Capita
- 28th – Number of Peace Corps Volunteers per Capita
- 9th – Number of Veterans per Capita
- 22nd – Civics Education Requirement
- 9th – Number of Americorps Volunteers per Capita
For the full report, please visit: