The Hawai‘i County Department of Parks and Recreation announces openings are still available for select youth Summer Fun Programs and Summer Sports Camps offered throughout Hawai‘i Island.
Summer Fun Programs include excursions, swimming, nature exploration, arts and crafts projects, indoor and outdoor games, sports, music, and dance. Open to boys and girls who have completed kindergarten through the sixth grade, Summer Fun Programs are offered weekdays from June 6 through July 15, except for holidays.
Summer Sports Camps are open to older children, in some cases up to high school seniors, and offer sports, strength, speed and agility, and cross-training. They are held weekdays June 6 through July 15, except for holidays.
Registrations will be accepted for the following programs on a first-come, first-served basis until all open spots are filled:
- Wainaku Gymnasium Summer Fun
- Honoka‘a Gymnasium Summer Fun
- Pa‘auilo Gymnasium Summer Sports Camp
- Pāpa‘aloa Gymnasium Summer Fun and Summer Sports Camp
- Pāpa‘ikou Gymnasium Summer Fun and Summer Sports Camp
- Hawaiian Beaches Summer Fun
- Kahuku Park Summer Fun
- Kea‘au Middle School Summer Fun (registrations taken at Shipman Gymnasium)
- Mountain View Gymnasium Summer Fun
- Nā‘ālehu Community Center Summer Fun
- Pāhala Community Center Summer Fun
- Pāhoa Community Center Summer Fun
Kona and Kohala District
- Kekuaokalani Gymnasium Summer Fun (at Kailua Park)
- Yano Hall Summer Fun
- Waimea Community Center Summer Fun
- Waikoloa Park Summer Fun
- Kamehameha Park Summer Fun
Parents should contact a site or sites directly to find out individual program details and learn if openings remain. Site information is listed on the Hawai‘i County website under: http://records.co.hawaii.hi.us/weblink/browse.aspx?dbid=1&startid=57945&cr=1.
For more information about Summer Fun Programs or Summer Sports Camps, please call 961-8740.