Well once again the year is coming to an end and I like to thank everyone for reading my site and making it one of the more well known sites here on the Big Island. A lot has happened this year… I haven’t been quite as busy as previous years as I made a commitment to myself to cut back on some things every now and then.
So here is a list of my top 10 adventures of 2012:
10. Getting a chance to meet world famous muralist Wyland at the Hawaii Conservation Conference and watching him paint a mural with children of Hawaii was pretty cool.
9. During the Merrie Monarch, I was invited by the US NAVY to check out Merrie Monarch Royal Court Visiting the USS Crommelin and that was cool because I’d never been on a NAVY ship while it’s been here on the Big Island.
8. Sam Choy had his First Ever Sam Choy’s Keauhou Poke Contest this was a great event, however, sadly this would be the last time I saw my friend Guy Toyama who won in a category.
7. I’ve been fortunate enough to cover the Na Hoku Hanohano Music Awards the last few years and the Big Island did well again at the 2012 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards.
6. My son and his cousins got a chance to Swim With the Dolphins at the Hilton Waikoloa Village and that was real special for them.
5. Having an opportunity to cover Big Island Film Festival the last few years has always been special. You never know who you will bump into!
4. I got to go Skydiving…. AGAIN with Skydive Hawaii and every time I do this it’s an adrenaline rush!
3. During the RIMPAC exercises, the USS Essex was based off the Big Island and I got to take an LCAC out to ship where I witnessed a MAN OVERBOARD and a Sailor Fall Off the Navy Ship USS Essex During RIMPAC Exercises
2. Visiting the USNS Mercy for the second time was quite an experience as they flew us out there in a helicopter and then we got to travel back in with the ship and watch as the Sailors Manned the Rails of USNS Mercy as they were coming into Pearl Harbor.
And the number ONE adventure and/or experience I had in 2012, was getting a chance to hear and meet His Holiness the 13th Dalai Lama of Tibet and he actually held my hand!
Filed under: aloha, Announcements, Big Island, Blogs, Entertainment, Hawaii, Military, State Affairs, Tourism, Transportation, Unexplained Phenomenon Tagged: | 2012 Year in Review, Who is Damon Tucker