The Pahoa Senior Center which was the former fire station here in Pahoa, had been having a problem with homeless people sleeping at the facilities during the evenings and the Pahoa Neighborhood Facility (Pahoa Community Center) has long been a problem for the parks workers.
Last week fencing went up around the facilities:
A lot of fencing was used in this project as it looked like they tried to encircle the entire park.
This fencing will really assist in keeping the troubled elements out of the community center at night.
County Parks Maintenance worker Alfred Pestrello mentioned how the folks that work at the park, take great pride in the park and that this will really make there job easier.
- Pahoa Holiday Parade Scheduled for Saturday December 1st (damontucker.com)
- The Puna Culinary Festival and The Taste of Pahoa (damontucker.com)
- Pahoa Town Community Meetings – The Pahoa Plan (damontucker.com)
- Conceptual Design of New Pahoa Community Park (damontucker.com)
- Pahoa Recycling & Transfer Station Brings in Bronze to County of Hawaii’s Solid Waste Division (damontucker.com)