I had to snicker when I was pointed to this Craigslist posting:
Job Title: Election Clerk I
Temporary: Temporary 10/22/2012-11/30/2012
Location: Hilo, Hawaii
Performs clerical tasks as required by the Clerical Services section such as:
1. Proofreads and edits ballots, documents, reports, etc., for accuracy, spelling, format, punctuation, grammar, neatness, and appearance.
2. Answers telephone calls and provide general election information. Also refers calls of more technical nature to appropriate staff member.
3. Duplicates correspondence, reports, manuals, etc., using a copying machine.
4. Conducts physical inventory, makes count of various items, and completes accurate totals and other summaries.
5. Locates election reports, documents, publications, etc. 6. Prepares packets of materials for conferences, meetings, training sessions, etc.
7. Assists in recruitment of election day workers by making telephone contacts.
8. Assists in mass mailing of letters and notices.
9. Assists in inventorying and packing of election materials and supplies.
10. Operates a motor vehicle by delivering/picking-up materials and supplies to/from various delivery points.
11. Gathers information on materials and supplies to be purchased from vendors.
12. Sends documents via a facsimile machine.
13. Files materials in subject matter, alphabetic, and/or chronological order.
14. Assists in maintaining newspaper clipping file by cutting specified articles, labeling, and filing.
15. Conducts review of election complaints and possible improprieties involving unions, candidates, political parties, voters, and the voting system.
B. Typing Responsibilities
1. Inputs data, retrieves computer files, and makes
C. Receptionist Responsibilities
1. Greets visitors and answers questions or refer to appropriate staff.
D. Other Duties
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Training on specific tasks will be provided
2. Must be able to type 40 wpm with accuracy
3. Must also be able to comprehend and follow instructions
4. Must be able to meet deadlines as required by the job
5. Candidates must be available to work additional hours of overtime on weekends, nights and holidays as required
6. At least 6 months of customer service experience is REQUIRED
Please note: Overtime and weekends are required!
Pay Rate: $10.00/hour
Interested Applicants: Please visit us online at: http://www.StaffingSolutionsofHawaii.com and click on Job Seekers Online Employment Application!
Staffing Solutions of Hawaii offers a competitive benefit package. The following benefits are provided when all eligibility requirements are met:
*Discounted Dental Plan
*Flexible Work Schedules
. . .and More.
- Video – Hilo in the Early 1940′s Before the Tsunami (damontucker.com)
Filed under: Announcements, Big Island, Comedy, County Council, Economy, Hawaii, Hawaii County Public Notices, Politics, State Affairs Tagged: | Big Island, Craigslist, Elections Clerk, Temporary work