Entrance to South Iwalani Street closed at West Kawailani intersection

10/3/12 UPDATE: A bypass was constructed this morning by the contractor at the entrance to South Iwalani Street at West Kawailani intersection for through traffic.  Special Off duty police officers are directing traffic.

The bypass is available during construction hours 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday-Friday.

Before 8:00 AM, after 3:00 PM and on weekends both lanes are open at the South Iwalani Street at West Kawailani intersection.

The entrance to South Iwalani Street was closed for two days (October 1-2).

Integrated Construction Inc., are the contractors for the roadwork along West Kawailani Street in South Hilo.

Relocation of underground utilities at South Iwalani and West Kawailani Street has changed travel patterns for motorists.
[googlemaps https://maps.google.com/maps?q=South+Iwalani+and+West+Kawailani+Hilo+Hawaii&layer=c&sll=19.683816,-155.080578&cbp=13,82.64,,0,8.12&cbll=19.683816,-155.080581&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=W+Kawailani+St+%26+Iwalani+St,+Hilo,+Hawaii,+96720&ll=19.683816,-155.080578&spn=0.005,0.010568&t=k&z=14&panoid=628Hunk4G-6JnHk5mzyqFQ&source=embed&output=svembed&w=425&h=350]
Entrance to South Iwalani Street is closed at the West Kawailani intersection due to road excavation.  Traffic is being redirected by special off duty police officers.

The road closure is between the hours of 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday-Friday and is in effect as of October 1.

The entrance to South Iwalani Street closure at West Kawailani intersection will remain closed to through traffic until further notice

Hawaiian Telcom and the Department of Public Works are relocating utilities in preparation of future work from Kanoelani to Kuhilani Street, and portions of ‘Āinaola.  The $1 million project is 80 percent funded by the Federal Highway Administration, and the remaining 20 percent by the County.  Completion is scheduled for 2013.

Integrated Construction Inc., are the contractors for the roadwork along West Kawailani Street in South Hilo.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I do this to keep the spammers away * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.