In the Pacific Ocean, near the Hawaiian Islands, the USS Nimitz (CVN 68) is haze gray and underway. The ship has been in dry dock for a year and a half, and this is the first time at sea for much of the crew. While the sailors train in skills crucial to mission success, a small group has begun another journey.
Over 300 Nimitz first class petty officers are up for promotion. They’re under evaluation for the next several months, and if they make the cut, will put on anchors and join the ranks of the Navy chiefs.
Follow six Petty Officer 1st Classes from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68) as they approach a major milestone in their careers.
- MAN OVERBOARD – Sailor Falls Off Navy Ship USS Essex During RIMPAC Exercises (Damontucker.com)
- Landing on the Aircraft Carrier USS Ronald Reagan and Catapulting Off! (Damontucker.com)
- Manning the Rails… The USNS Mercy Ports in Honolulu… Traveling to the Mercy on a Helicopter (Damontucker.com)
- Merrie Monarch Royal Court Visits the USS Crommelin (Damontucker.com)
- Touring the Legend – The US Navy Nuclear Attack Submarine the USS Cheyenne (Damontucker.com)
- Secret Service and Presidents… Lunch With the APEC World Leaders (Damontucker.com)
- C-17′s and F-16′s… Riding in a Military Transport Jet and Simulating Drops and Attacks (Damontucker.com)