The Hawaii Little League baseball team was robbed of a chance to go to the Little League World Series on a bizarre appeal that was incorrectly ruled an out on the field!
…Specifically, they lost on an appeal – an appeal of a play that had just scored them two runs, which brought them within one of Petaluma when Nanakuli was down to its final out. Petaluma third baseman Porter Slate, though, thought one of Nanakuli’s runners missed third on his way to scoring. Petaluma’s coach told the pitcher to appeal. He did. The runner was called out. Game over. The question: was the call correct? We dare you to watch the clip below and be sure of that:
- You: Little League World Series-Bound Petaluma Beats Hawaii on Controversial Call (bleacherreport.com)
- Petaluma Team Headed To Little League World Series (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Little League Team Advances To World Series On Sketchy Third-Base Appeal [Video] (deadspin.com)
- Petaluma team headed to Little League World Series (mercurynews.com)
- Nanakuli comes up short in Little League West Regional (staradvertiser.com)