The Big Island Beekeepers Association (BIBA) invites natural (raw) honey producers state-wide to participate in the Third Annual Hawaiian Natural Honey Challenge.
The complete Challenge invitation is posted on the BIBA web site: http://bibahawaiibees.org. (Click on the honey drip.) The Challenge was begun in 2010 to showcase the quality of the unprocessed, unfiltered honey produced by local beekeepers statewide. It consists of two parts; a Formal Judging and a Public Tasting. At the Formal Judging the entries are categorized by nectar source and type (liquid, solid, comb), and evaluated by judges recruited for their refined sense of taste and knowledge of honey.
Top scorers by category receive awards in this contest. The Public Tasting is just that; the public is invited to sample all the contest honeys and vote for their favorite which wins the “People’s Choice” award. To learn more about the Challenge and how to enter contact this year’s registrar: Pattie Rechtman, P.O. Box 613, Papaikou, HI 96785, 808-990-4943, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Honey Dishes, Honey Party & Spring Brunch Menu Ideas | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- The Honey Project- A Study using local Irish honey e-book downloads (bforouod.typepad.com)
- Honey Salmon, Honey Drinks & Honey Fruit Salad | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Can Honey Go Bad or Make You Sick? (todayifoundout.com)
- Honey Me (callowlea.com)
- Local Honey is Amazing (stepherotica.wordpress.com)
- The Disappearance of the Honey Bee (foodservicewarehouse.com)