I mentioned earlier today how Google had expanded it’s street view here in Hawaii.
Well in November of 2011, I wrote about how I ran into the Google Car and the Google Trike at Waiola Park, and it turns out they were recording me while I was following them around!
I’m the white car in the picture above and you can play around with the map to see me stalking them! Here is the car and the trike that I saw in Wailoa Park that day.
I knew at the time that the guy had to turn around at some point so I got out of my car and filmed this video of the guy:
- The Google Street View Car Now Fits into a Backpack (news.softpedia.com)
- Google’s Trekker brings Street View to hiking trails (gizmag.com)
- Google Bringing Street View to Hiking Trails (treehugger.com)
- Street View says “aloha” from Hawaii (googleblog.blogspot.com)
- This Car Captures the Street Views Google Missed (mashable.com)
- Google Street View car case closed with FCC $25,000 fine (slashgear.com)
Filed under: aloha, Big Island, Blogs, Comedy, Entertainment, Environment, Hawaii, Hilo, Something New?, State Affairs, Technology, Tourism, Transportation, Unexplained Phenomenon Tagged: | Caught on Camera, Google Car, Google Street View, Google Trike, Wailoa Park