Kailua High School students were honored with a visit from His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet on Monday morning.
The school was chosen for its unique curriculum, which emphasizes compassion, intellectual thinking and conflict resolution.
Staying consistent with his message of nonviolence, His Holiness the Dalai Lama warned against bullying and encouraged students to manage destructive emotions through mental strength.
Students from the eighth to twelfth grades asked thoughtful questions selected from a pool of more than 800.
The high school sent the Dalai Lama off with a gift of a peace quilt and a paddle.
To listen to what His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet said to the students at Kailua High School click here: “Cultivating Unbiased Compassion”.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama “Building Peace on a Foundation of Aloha” – Part 2 (damontucker.com)
- His Holiness The Dalai Lama Blesses the Hokule’a, Answers Questions and HOLDS MY HAND! (damontucker.com)
- A Hawaiian Cultural Panel With His Holiness the Dalai Lama (damontucker.com)
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama “Building Peace on a Foundation of Aloha” – Part 1 (damontucker.com)
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama Arrives in Hawaii (damontucker.com)
Filed under: aloha, Education, Hawaii, Hawaiian, Health, Kids, National Affairs, State Affairs, Unexplained Phenomenon Tagged: | "Cultivating Unbiassed Compassion", 14th Dalai Lama, Dalai Lama, Kailua High School