Four Seasons Resort Hualālai at Historic Ka‘ūpūlehu, the first and only AAA Five-Diamond and Forbes Five-Star resort on Hawai‘i Island, announces Made in America 2, a celebration of high-profile dinners, cooking classes and experiences. The series of culinary events, held at the resort March 1 – 5, 2012, highlights some of today’s top chefs and noted food author Lucy Lean’s book Made in America; Our Best Chefs Reinvent Comfort Food, published in October 2011.
Nancy Silverton (one Michelin-starred Osteria Mozza, Pizzeria Mozza, The Mozza Cookbook, La Brea Bakery) and Matt Molina (executive chef, Osteria Mozza, Pizzeria Mozza, The Mozza Cookbook); Ludo and Krissy Lefebvre (LudoBites, Sundance Channel’s LudoBites America, Top Chef Masters); Josiah Citrin (two Michelin-starred Mélisse, Lemon Moon Café, In Pursuit of Excellence) join hosts James Babian (executive chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualālai) and Linda Rodriguez (pastry chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualālai) for the celebrations.
Each of the participating chefs is featured in Made in America, which showcases America’s classic comfort food dishes, reinvented by 100 of today’s top chefs from across the United States. Master Sommelier Chuck Furuya from Southern Wine & Spirits will be on hand pairing wines at the various dinners.
“After the success of our first Made in America events in October, we decided to do this again, even bigger and better,” says Robert Whitfield, regional vice president and general manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualālai. “This lineup of amazing guest chefs is top-notch, offering some great culinary experiences for our guests.”
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
- March 1: Nancy Silverton and Matt Molina cooking class, Prix-Fixe Dinner at Beach Tree, featuring Nancy Silverton and Matt Molina
- March 2: Farm Tour and Lunch with James Babian, Prix Fixe Dinner at Pahu i’a, featuring Josiah Citrin
- March 3: Fishing Trip with Chefs Master Sommelier, Chuck Furuya conducts “Wine Tasting 101”, MiA2 Dinner at Beach Tree, featuring all chefs, Lucy Lean and Chuck Furuya
- March 4: Ludo Lefebvre cooking class, Linda Rodriguez cooking class “Pie Making 10, Prix-Fixe Dinner at Pahu i’a, featuring James Babian, Linda Rodriguez and Chuck Furuya
- March 5: Josiah Citrin cooking class, James Babian cooking class, Farm Dinner at Pahu i’a
Guests are invited to book one of these Made in America packages:
- Four-night package: available February 29 – March 4, includes luxurious accommodations, daily breakfast buffet for two, two cooking classes, one wine class, one farm tour/lunch, three dinners and two signed Made in America books. Nightly rates from $4,380 for the four-night package.
- Seven-night package: available February 29 – March 7 includes luxurious accommodations, daily breakfast buffet for two, five cooking classes, one wine class, one farm tour/lunch, five dinners and two signed Made in America books, Nightly rates from $7,665 for the seven-night package.
- Additionally, room nights and Made in America events are available on an a la carte basis. Nightly room rates from $775.
For more information and reservations, please call toll-free (888) 340-5662, contact your travel professional (chain code FS) or visit www.fourseasons.com/hualalai.
- Made in America Weekend… Cooking Classes and Comfort Foods at the Four Seasons Hualalai (damontucker.com)
- Feed Me: Breakfast With Nancy Silverton of Mozza (nytimes.com)
- Pizzeria Mozza – Marina Bay, Singapore (camwheeler.com)
- Cookbook reviews: Nancy Silverton’s The Mozza Cookbook and Michael Ruhlman’s Twenty (canada.com)
- Andrew Zimmern Pops Up In L.A. to Cook, Learn and Spread the Gospel Of Our “mind-bogglingly spectacular” Food Scene (laist.com)
- Top Chef’s Chris Jones: I Had a Bad Feeling About Everything (seattlepi.com)
Filed under: aloha, Announcements, Big Island, Entertainment, Food & Drink, Hawaii, Kohala, Tourism Tagged: | Celebrity Chefs, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, James Babian, Made In America, Nancy Silverton, Pizzeria Mozza