UPDATE: Larry O’Brien Commented the following:
The 2011 tsunami hit in the dark, around 4am. This is “just” a rogue wave, not a tsunami (which rolls in and rolls in for minutes). The crowd sounds Australian?
Here is some new footage of the 2011 Japan Tsunami that reached as far away as Hawaii.
This footage appears to be taken in Hawaii from what the youtube user described the video as:
- Japan Tsunami – “Debris Fields are No Longer Visible” (damontucker.com)
- Tsunami debris drifts toward Hawaii (japantimes.co.jp)
- Hawaii County Mayor’s Office on Japan Tsunami Debris “We are Prepared for Whatever Will Be Washed Up…” (damontucker.com)
- Up to 20 Million Tons of Japan’s Tsunami Debris Expected on U.S. Shores (newsfeed.time.com)
- Catastrophic “merging tsunami” doubled Japan devastation (news.bioscholar.com)
- 20M Tons of Tsunami Debris Heads for US Shores (newser.com)
- Tsunami debris spotted along West Coast (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- WA coastal county prepares for tsunami debris (thenewstribune.com)
Filed under: aloha, Big Island, Earthquakes, Environment, Hawaii, KO's, Unexplained Phenomenon Tagged: | 2011 Japan Tsunami, Hawaii Tsunami, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Tsunami, Video of Tsunami