Pahoa Village Disc Golf Course is the first “public” DG Course to be approved in the State of Hawaii. Funding has been approved! Pledges and Commitments have been made! Surveying has begun! Sponsors are being gathered!
Perched on a beautiful property overlooking rustic and historic Pahoa Village, the freshly approved “Pahoa Village Disc Golf Course” has tremendous promise to be a premier location for holding World Class events.
Plans for multiple tee-pads and pin placements to accommodate all skill levels, along with extended par ranges in the 60′s to 70′s, in a suitably demographical area, should help to build a solid future for the Sport in Hawaii.
Pahoa Village, located in the Puna District on the Big Island of Hawaii, has a very unique and Free Spirited character….and is still very influenced by “Old Hawaii” and Traditional ways. Pahoa’s unique Spirit stems from a mix of Asian and Western influence during the early times of Ohia (tree) harvesting for railroad ties in 1800′s, Sugar Plantations in the early to mid 1900′s, and the more recent liberal Surfer, Rainbow and Eco influences of the last 50yrs. Because Pahoa and Puna is projected to grow over the next 10yrs at a faster pace than any other area in the State, improvements to infrastructure are a current focus.
The Park is in a “prime” location, providing the Community an Activities and Senior Center, Youth Facilities and PlayScape, Baseball Fields, Basketball Court, Olympic Pool and Showers, Concrete Skate Park(with more expansion soon!)…..and now the State’s very first public Disc Golf Course!!
- 2011 Pahoa Christmas Parade and Ho’olaulea Information (damontucker.com)
- Pahoa Self Storage Has Its Grand Opening (damontucker.com)
- Pahoa Gets Legitimate Bus Stop Courtesy of the Rotary Club of Pahoa Sunset (damontucker.com)
- The Pahoa “Kupuna Housing Project” Get’s First Units Delivered (damontucker.com)
- Reuse Center at the Pahoa Recycling and Transfer Station Will be Closed Temporarily Beginning This Week (damontucker.com)