Bill Paty, Wounded Warriors, and Ford Island Control Tower In the Spotlight at Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor’s 5th Anniversary Celebration on December 1st.
Guests will get the very first look at the newly stabilized Ford Island Control Tower as the PBS Little Big Band strikes up the popular 1940s tune, “Accentuate the Positive!” and friends of Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor gather on Thursday evening, 5:30 to 10PM to dine, dance, and celebrate the Museum’s 5th Anniversary. The fundraiser for the Museum’s education and restoration projects will also honor those who have made important contributions to the nonprofit aviation attraction, and to those who serve our country.
Special Museum awards for the evening will go to Bill Paty for the “Building Bridges Award” and to BAE Systems and the University of Hawaii CRDG, for the “S.T.E.M. Education Award.”
The Basis Foundation of California, which provided the funding for the Museum’s Lt. Ted Shealy Restoration Shop, the 1940s working machine shop housed in Hangar 79, is hosting 16 members of the Wounded Warrior Project who will be honored at the gala. The Museum is a continuing sponsor of returning veterans.
Guests will be treated to 1940s musical entertainment and dancing and enjoy award-winning cuisine by Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, along with fine wines. The fun begins with aircraft and vintage military vehicles and 1940s re-enactors greeting the guests. A silent and live auction will be held for items such as trips and hotel stays, fine wines, jewelry and art.
Tickets and tables may be purchased by calling Director of Development Carol Arnott at 808/441-1006 or purchasing online at PacificAviationMuseum.org. The Museum is located at 319 Lexington Boulevard on Historic Ford Island at Pearl Harbor, Oahu.
- PanAm Exhibit Opens at Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor (damontucker.com)
- Flying Tigers Exhibit Opens at the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor (damontucker.com)
- Pan Am Exhibit Being Built at Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor (damontucker.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – A Fly Over (damontucker.com)
- Senator Inouye Visits the F-22 Compound at Joint Base Pearl Harbor (damontucker.com)
- This Weekend: The Biggest Little Airshow on Ford Island (damontucker.com)
- Pacific Aviation Museum Worker Describes Today’s Horrific Reno Airshow Tragedy (damontucker.com)
- Hawaii National Guard Makes Aviation History by Being First Guard Unit to Receive CH-47 Foxtrot Helicopter (damontucker.com)