The Moku O Keawe International Festival is happening this weekend over on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort.
The results from the Kupuna Competition were announced this evening:
- 1st place – Nā Kumu Hula Kalani and Kahikina Asing with their kūpuna of Ke Ala O Ke Ao Cultural Arts Studio
- 2nd place in Kupuna group competition – Hau’oli’s Masako Aketa Hula Studio
- 3rd place in Kupuna group competition – Ka Hula O Hawai’i
- 1st place Kupuna soloist – Pi’ilani Rodrigues of halau Eo Nahenahe O Pohai Kealoha under the direction of Kumu Hula Stan Kaina
- 2nd place Kupuna soloist – Shikako Taga of Hula Halau Kahula O Hawaii
- 3rd place Kupuna soloist – Halau Lehuamakanoe
You can check out pictures from tonight here.
- Coming Up – 6th Annual Moku O Keawe International Festival Cultural Workshops Celebrate Hula and the Arts (damontucker.com)
- New Polynesian Dance Academy Opens in Waimea (damontucker.com)
- Best Dressed Award at the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards Goes to… Kainani Kahaunaele (damontucker.com)