I recently had the opportunity to spend three days at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort leading up to the 16th Annual Mealani Taste of the Hawaiian Range and it was another great staycation that I’m finally able to write about.
A few weeks before I arrived, I noticed a couple, Alex and Lisa, that had flew to Hawaii and was seeking a place to have their 7th wedding through an adventure they were documenting on their blog 2People1Life.com.
I put out a couple facebook messages and a few tweets and the next thing I knew… Alex and Lisa were invited to have their 7th wedding taken care of for them by the folks at the Hilton Waikoloa Village all because of me and the folks at the Hilton.
Alex and Lisa’s 7th wedding night ended with a romantic dinner at “Buddha Point” where they enjoyed a great dinner with the sunset in the distance.
On August 20th, a few weeks before my most recent visit, a little male dolphin baby was born. The new dolphin calf’s mom is 40-year-old Iwa and both mom and calf are healthy and doing fine.
DolphinQuest Hawaii just finished a name the baby dolphin contest in which more then 300 folks entered names for the newborn. They are still finalizing the name of the dolphin so I don’t know what the name is as of this writing.
I normally stay in the Lagoon Tower when I stay at the Hilton Waikoloa but this time I was put up in The Palace Tower which is the middle tower on the property.
The canal was under renovation so instead of taking boats around the property…
I used the trams quite a bit this stay…
But I myself prefer the boats as a form of transportation for some reason.
This staycation was a chance for me to unwind from some of the things that have been going on in my life of late and I sure appreciate the Hilton Waikoloa Village putting me up for a few days.
I have a friend from the mainland coming in December and him and his girlfriend look forward to staying here. I just wish they were coming a few days earlier so they could have the chance to catch the Steve Miller Band in Concert on the 10th!
- Hawaiian Cultural Weekend at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Coming Up (damontucker.com)
- 81 Chefs Enjoy Culinary Lessons at the Mealani Taste of the Hawaiian Range (damontucker.com)
- OCEANS 11 Conference Kicks Off at the Hilton Waikoloa Village (damontucker.com)
- 16th Annual Mealani’s Taste of the Hawaiian Range Schedule (damontucker.com)
- Results of the Ms. Aloha Nui Gala, Poke Contest and Clyde “Kindy” Sproat Falsetto & Storytelling Contest (damontucker.com)
- Fall Fashion Show Presented by Queens’ MarketPlace & Maximum Capacity (damontucker.com)
- 16th Annual Mealani’s Taste of the Hawaiian Range and Agriculture Festival Coming Up! (damontucker.com)