Hawaii Department of Transportation officials along with local politicians will be meeting at the Keaau Elementary School cafeteria tonight at 5:30 to discuss the Puna Makai Alternate Route (PMAR) project and other state road projects that are happening on the island.
At a meeting last night at Pahoa Community Center, Senator Gilbert Kahele passed out literature with the powerpoint presentation that will be presented and went over it with some of the folks that were in attendance.
One of my main concerns of course is Highway 130 and if we can get the PMAR approved, it will definitely lighten traffic on H-130 and at least give folks an alternate route and an emergency route to go when H130 is blocked off for what ever reason may be.
- 8/1/11 Malama Market and Highway 130
- 7/25/11 FATALITY
- 5/19/11 Road Rage Incident Highway 130 and Makuu
- 5/19/11 Highway 130 and Ainaloa – Fatality
- 5/7/11 Highway 130 and Orchidland
- 4/18/11 Highway 130 and Kahakai
- 3/16/11 Highway 130 and Kahakai
- 1/11/11 Highway 130 and Old Pahoa Road
- 12/13/10 Word Was Out of Yet ANOTHER Cow Strike! (SUBMITTED)
- 12/12/10 Ainaloa and Highway 130
- 12/5/10 Makuu and Highway 130
- 11/15/10 School Bus and Pahoa Market Place Intersection and H130
- 11/4/10 Paradise Drive and Highway 130
- 10/18/10 I got in a Wreck! Another Reason Why Senior Citizens Should Not Be Driving!
- 10/18/10 Pahoa Market Place Intersection and H130
- 9/8/10 Main Government Road Pahoa Village
- 9/6/10 Pahoa Market Place Intersection and H130
- 8/20/10 Kapoho-Pohoiki Rd. and H130
- 7/9/10 Highway 130 and Highway 11
- 7/6/10 Orchidland and Highway 130
- 6/16/10 Orchidland and Highway 130
- 3/6/10 Highway 130 and Pahoa-Kapoho Dr.
- 12/9/09 Kapoho-Pohoiki Rd. and H130
- 12/6/09 Paradise Drive and H130
- 11/6/09 Utility Pole Gets Banged… When Will it be Someone?
- 10/24/09 Highway 130
- 5/31/09 Two Killed Highway 130 and Ainaloa
- 4/19/09 Dangerous By Design?
- 4/5/09 Highway 130 Near Painted Church
- 1/26/09 Video: HDOT Rep. Jiro Sumada on Death of Bus Rider on H130
- 1/21/09 Bus rider killed on H130
- 12/31/08 Highway 130 by Keaau
- 12/4/08 238 Accidents Reported 2004 – 2006
- 11/9/08 Man killed at Kahakai and H130
- Senator Kahele Announces Puna Talk Story Forums (damontucker.com)
- Hawaiian Perspectives on Geothermal Panel Meeting Planned for Maui (damontucker.com)
- Final EA and Findings of No Impact Statement for Makuu Farmers Market and Community Center (damontucker.com)
- Three Seats Available on the Puna Community Development Plan Action Committee (damontucker.com)
- County Dedicates Spigots to Provide Clean, Safe Water (damontucker.com)
Filed under: Announcements, Big Island, Community, Hawaii, Highway 130, Pahoa, Puna, Rumors, State Affairs Tagged: | Hawaii Department of Transportation, Highway 130, PMAR, Puna Community Development Plan, Puna Makai Alternate Route, Senator Gilbert Kahele