Hawaii Island’s District 2 State Senator Gilbert Kahele begins the first of five ”Talk Story” forums this Wednesday August 31st in Volcano at the Copper Center at 5:30PM
Building upon the completion of a successful legislative session as Hawai’i Island’s District 2 freshman State Senator, Senator Kahele is using these forums to hear the concerns of his constituents as well as help him prepare for the upcoming 27th Legislative session in January. He will provide a re-cap of the 26th Legislative session as well as address specific issues pertaining to individual communities where the forums will be held.
Members of the community can email the Senator with issues and questions for the forum. He will make every effort to address those questions and report on the findings of those issues at the forum.
Senator Kahele’s Fall ”Talk Story” Forum Dates and Locations are:
August 31st 2011, 5:30-7:30PM at the Cooper Center
September 21st 2011, 5:30-7:30PM at the Pahoa Neighborhood Facility
October 14th 2011, 5:30-7:30PM at the Ocean View Community Center
October 26th 2011, 5:30-7:30PM at the Pahala Community Center
November 16th 2011, 5:30PM to 7:30PM at the Waiakea High School Cafeteria
Email your issue(s) to: email@example.com or call/fax in your issue to: 1-808-586-6760 (Office) 1-808-586-6689 (Fax) Please let us know which forum you’ll be attending, and send your issue no later than 3 days prior to the forum to guarantee it will be on the agenda.
- Governor Abercrombie Signs South Kona Wilderness Bill (damontucker.com)
- Governor Abercrombie Set To Sign The South Kona Wilderness Bill Tomorrow (damontucker.com)
- Hawaiian Perspectives on Geothermal Panel Meeting Planned for Maui (damontucker.com)
- Pahoa Grad Sean Robbins to Perform at this Weekends Big Island Music Festival: (damontucker.com)
- Forget First Impressions; Perry Isn’t Bush 2 (nytimes.com)
- Legislator becomes state union chief; GOP sees conflict (knoxnews.com)
- Gov. Rick Perry’s fundraising raises questions (sfgate.com)