If you have been following my blog, then you will know that I have been counting down the top adventures that I got to go on this year.
- #10 2010 Big Island Film Festival
- #9 Skydiving Jan. 1st and Skydiving July 21st
- #8 Attending the 2010 Na Hoku Workshops and covering the Awards Ceremony.
- #7 Getting the opportunity to go aboard one of the largest trauma facilities in the United States… The USS Mercy
- #6 Having the chance to get up on stage with Third Eye Blind after the Don the Beach Comber’s Mai Tai Festival and Battle of the BBQ Contest at the Royal Kona Resort.
- #5 Getting the opportunity to go up in a helicopter with Televisions own Howard Dicus and his wife and a Hawaii News Now cameraman.
- #4 Getting a chance to go out to sea with the US Navy Destroyer USS CHUNG-HOON
- #3 Was a Snorkeling trip off the Kona Coast with Fairwind Cruises Hula Kai where I got to use a sea rocket!
- Honorable Mentions
So today I post #2 adventure which was having the opportunity to go up in a C-17 Military transport plane.
Simulating an aerial drop over the Big Island…
Getting escorted by F-16’s
and then sitting in the cockpit of the plane when we landed!
The very next day… brought me to my #1 Adventure that I got to do this year and that was Landing on the aircraft Carrier USS Ronald Reagan and Catapulting off!
This was definitely the highlight of the year as they literally caught us by a wire as we landed on the carrier… but only after we missed catching the wire the first time!
It was an awesome experience as when we were leaving… they actually catapulted us off in a COD Jet.
Out of all the folks that got to go… I was the only one brave enough to ask the Commander of the USS Ronald Reagan for a Commanders Coin and he gave me one!
This was a great trip and I’m sure it’s a once in a lifetime that an ordinary joe blow like me… gets invited on these buggahs… So a big Mahalo to the Captain Kenneth Norton and the US Pacific Fleet for having me aboard!
Filed under: aloha, Announcements, Big Island, Blogs, Entertainment, Hawaii, Military, National Affairs, Oahu, Something New?, State Affairs, Tourism, Unexplained Phenomenon | Tagged: Big Island Film Festival, Third Eye Blind, Top Adventures in Hawaii, USS Chung-Hoon, USS Mercy, USS Ronald Reagan | 2 Comments »